As 2015 draws to a close and while we make our New Year countdown, we are thankful for the ups, downs, laughs, wins and failures that have shaped the journey of making our award winning products.
It has been a momentous year for team Malée, so we want to share some of it with you in our year-end review.
- Arrival in the UK: We spread the Malée seed and planted it firmly in UK soil. After four years of great success and growth of Malée in South Africa, we closed the doors on the shop that turned our humble beginnings into the business it is today in order to allow us to make our biggest move.
- Local production: Local sustainable job creation is at the heart of what Malée stands for. We took this across the shores from South Africa. So here we are, ‘Ubuntu’ (I am, because we are) locally producing our products in the UK with the same high quality ingredients.
- Our first UK press day: Our first introduction to the UK market and our chance to share Malée with a new audience. From Africa, to the world. We have nurtured and grown Malée from an idea born on a notepad in Johannesburg.
- Building the Team: What a journey it has been! And the teams we have built, now spanning from South Africa to the UK, made it possible, with each member shaping the way in which we grow.
- Putting our products in your hands: From the emboss on the boxes and bottles, to the lids and pumps, each individually sourced and tested Malée product is made with the spirit of Africa. Maleeonline.com up and running in 2 countries, and we are so pleased to be able to share our little piece of Africa with you.
Thank you for your continued support and the amazing 5 years that have allowed us to get to this point. We cannot wait to share more of our journey with you.
The Malée Team